ServiceNow Senior Developer/Systems Administrator
Requisition # 2018-9664
Department Service Management Office
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University is seeking a ServiceNow Senior Developer/System Administrator to join its Service Management Office (SMO) within the Office of Information Technology (OIT). The SMO provides direction to ensure that the services OIT provides continually meet customer needs and add value to the University. The senior developer/system administrator works closely with SMO colleagues and OIT stakeholders to understand business needs and then leverages the ServiceNow platform to design, develop and configure solutions that meet these needs. To maintain the stability and usability of ServiceNow, the developer/administrator performs regular application maintenance and incident support, as well as contributes to ServiceNow software releases.
As a technical expert, the senior developer/administrator provides consultation to the SMO support team and aligns the platform to business strategies and governance decisions. The position documents the platform, assesses the impact of new requirements, and provides controls to ensure that correct technical solutions are leveraged in the delivery of business solutions. Overall, the senior developer/administrator possesses advanced ServiceNow knowledge and skills, as well as has a deep understanding of the business strategy and policies that govern the ServiceNow platform.
This is a two-year term position.
- Design and develop new ServiceNow applications and services
- Participate in implementing new ServiceNow requirements
- Take ownership of complex business requirements and work them to completion
- Provide architectural controls and impact analysis for new requirements
- Assist with estimating release level of effort
- Continually identify opportunities for process improvement
- Create and maintain a detailed view of the ServiceNow architecture
- Align ServiceNow platform capabilities to established business strategies
- Contribute to ServiceNow software releases through configuration tasks and feature delivery
- Optimize stability and usability of ServiceNow through regular application maintenance
- Assist with incident resolution
- Stay current in ServiceNow products and applicable integrated technologies
- A minimum of 5 years working as a ServiceNow application developer/system administrator
- Extensive experience with enterprise security and architecture, with knowledge of various authentication systems
- Extensive experience in IT service management
- Advanced knowledge of ServiceNow administration and experience developing ServiceNow applications
- Experience with database design schemas and data modeling
- Strong experience in requirements-gathering
- Experience with middleware and discovery technologies
- Demonstrated ability with ServiceNow incident, change, problem, request, CMDB and knowledge management applications
- Experience in Linux and Windows system administration, including shell scripting
- ServiceNow Certified Developer and familiarity with concepts around writing scoped applications
- Expert knowledge of AngularJS, Bootstrap, HTML and CSS development languages
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing ITSM/ITIL software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to integrate ServiceNow with other systems using Web Services and scripting
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent years of related work experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
This is a 2 year term position.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.