Systems Infrastructure Associate
Requisition # 2018-9665
Department Enterprise Infrastr Services
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) has an immediate opening for an entry-level Systems Infrastructure Associate to join its Systems and Virtualization team. This Systems Infrastructure Associate is part of the team responsible for setting up, securing, and maintaining the University's centrally-managed Windows and Linux systems, VMware, Citrix, and future infrastructures in the cloud.
The successful candidate will help plan, design, install, test, and maintain the software and systems that support the teaching, research, and business functions of the University. In this position, the associate partners with IT colleagues in OIT and in University departments to provide timely and creative support of IT services to deliver robust and scalable solutions to meet University needs.
- Run automation to build servers and consult with clients on questions arising during the builds
- Perform day-to-day operational procedures to keep infrastructure running in a reliable and secure fashion.
- Assist with system configurations needed to support client applications and workloads both on-premises and in the cloud using standard tools and by following defined procedures.
- Team with senior system administrators on troubleshooting of servers, virtualization infrastructure, and cloud platforms
- Participate in the installation and testing of new infrastructure and software
- Provide accurate and timely documentation, as well as change and problem management information
- Manage and/or resolve incoming tickets
- Provide on-call support for infrastructure platform production issues
- Build technical expertise in monitoring, managing, and configuring systems for optimum performance and security
- Learn the functions of new software products to facilitate the migration to and use of such technology
- Curious, enthusiastic, and creative approach to work
- Experience using and maintaining Windows and/or Linux systems
- Ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly to peers, supervisors, and customers
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative environment as well as independently
- Ability to complete detailed technical work based on both documentation and information provided by others
- Desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Ability to focus on priority issues
- Proficiency with both Windows and Linux
- Experience with at least one high-level programming language, systems automation using scripting, and/or infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure from providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.