Senior Subcontract Administrator (PS III)
Requisition # 2018-9673
Department PPPL Business Operations
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Promote a high degree of professionalism in purchasing and contract administration activities. Minimize risks to PPPL and the government, while meeting Procurement objectives, safeguarding Laboratory policies, and maintaining effective relationships with Department of Energy (DOE), Princeton University, and various Laboratory stakeholders.
The PS III is responsible for cradle-to-grave administration of commercial and non-commercial “moderate” risk acquisitions, and may also be responsible for light construction and facilities maintenance type agreements. The PS III negotiates and awards complex purchase orders and basic subcontract, manages supplier relationship, engages in post-award administration, seeks quality goods/services at fair and reasonable prices to meet the Laboratory's needs. The PS III participates in special projects as assigned by the Director of Procurement. The PS III assumes the authority fully commensurate with assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Negotiate and award complex purchase orders for custom components, configurations and fabrications within the prescribed cycle-time and with minimal instruction and oversight.
- Meet the cost and schedule requirements of the requestor.
- Maintain excellent file documentation, standard format and record retention consistent with Procurement Policies and Procedures Manual (PPPM) and Laboratory Policies and Procedures for all subcontracts.
- Consistently incorporate the appropriate agreement provisions and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Consider and determine the appropriate subcontract type. Compile and administer the subcontract accordingly.
- Prioritize items, incorporate milestone schedules to promote efficient acquisition methodology, assure the achievement of desired outcomes, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a working comprehension of FAR regulations as incorporated into the Procurement Policies and Procedures Manual (PPPM) and PPPL's Prime Contract.
- Quickly develop proficiency with the PPPM.
- Process and execute simple subcontracts and job/task orders. Effectively use assigned authority in all aspects of the procurement process and with minimal management review.
- Utilize independent problem-solving techniques and skills, including managing procurement-requestor meetings to minimize procurement risk and promote value of the procurement process.
- Perform closeout of subcontracts in accordance with FAR and within established financial and operational guidelines.
- Demonstrate commitment to the role and assignment as Procurement Liaison to projects and programs.
- Cultivate opportunities to promote a positive image of the Procurement Department and process by reaching out to customers to clearly communicate requirements and procedures.
- Exhibit cooperative and collaborative behavior with all branches of Business Operations and the Laboratory community.
- Positive attitude towards accepting assigned tasks.
- Successful completion of projects on time.
- Achieve customer satisfaction with regard to schedule and responsiveness.
- Meet or exceed prescribed cycle time requirements.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to independently solve procurement challenges and independently execute assignments.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement and operational excellence.
Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
Required Experience: Minimum of 8 years' experience in supply chain, construction, procurement and/or relevant business experience with progressively increasing responsibilities.
Candidate shall possess:
- Knowledge of federally funded procurements, FARs DEARs and Uniform Commercial Code is strongly preferred.
- Ample experience in all aspects of market research, source selection, cost/price analysis, negotiating and administering federal government sub/contracts in accordance with relevant procurement regulations and best practices.
- Knowledge of computer-based procurement systems; demonstrated skills using various software, and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Other strongly desired skills and traits include: Excellent verbal and written communications; results-oriented, self-motivated, independent decision-making and problem-solving, negotiation skills; and outstanding prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
High ethical standards representative of Princeton University's commitment to excellence are a must.
- This position requires occasional reaching, stooping and lifting of office files, reports and records, typically weighing 5 pounds or less. Reasonable accommodations will be considered which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.