Requisition # 2018-9672
Department Office of Capital Projects
Category Facilities Management and Physical Plant
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline 12/10/2018
Princeton University's Department of Facilities, Office of Capital Projects (OCP), seeks an Interior Designer to join a dynamic team of professional designers. The Interior Designer will be instrumental in successfully executing multiple projects, maintaining interior design standards and records, and reporting to team leadership. The Interior Designer reports to the Program Manager, Campus Interiors, and is a member of the design team comprising of five interior designers who work in collaboration with OCP Program, Project Managers and with other functional areas in Facilities, including the Office of the University Architect.
The Interior Designer will be responsible for coordinating projects ranging from the selection of replacement furniture for a faculty office to being a part of a team for larger projects with budget responsibilities ranging from $5,000 to $300,000. The emphasis will be on academic spaces, administrative office spaces, residential living housing and student centers. The Interior Designer portfolio of work will include a wide range of project types, up to 25-30 small projects annually with an estimated spend of $ 1,000,000.
This is a three year term, benefits, eligible position.
Primary responsibilities include:
Manage numerous small projects from project inception to completion.
- Continuous client communications and problem solving.
- Develop and maintain project budgets.
- Develop and manage project time-line and expectations.
- Maintain excellent project files and central records.
Furniture and finish selections and planning for multiple types of projects, including some residential.
- Select, specify and develop finish palettes and and prepare furniture specifications and bid packages, including the leveling of small bid packages.
- Order furniture and finishes and schedule and coordinate installations.
- Basic knowledge of construction and millwork.
Oversee installations and completion of furniture and finishes punch lists and project closeout.
Provide monthly status reporting on project portfolio and occasional ad-hoc reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited school.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Interior Architecture/Interior Designer industry.
- General knowledge of materials and specifications, furniture sourcing and vendor resources.
Basic knowledge of sustainability, ADA and LEED guidelines.
Excellent communication and presentation skills, specifically with clients, senior management, consultants and contractors.
- Creative, self-motivated designer with significant technical ability.
- Minimum of two years of interior design project experience.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and all Adobe programs, Sketch-Up, In-Design and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
The willingness and ability to learn new technology.
Higher education interior design experience, studio and/or in-house.
Licenses and Professional Accreditation.
LEED AP, CPM, NCIDQ.
Experience in Revit.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
This is a three year term appointment.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.