Senior Project Manager, Office of Capital Projects
Requisition # 2018-9675
Department Office of Capital Projects
Category Facilities Management and Physical Plant
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University's Office of Capital Projects (OCP) seeks an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our dynamic staff. OCP will lead an ambitious series of projects from design through construction in support of our new 10-year capital plan.
Reporting to a Program Manager, the Senior Project Manager will lead undergraduate residential and dining projects ranging from $25k to over $150M from the initial planning phases through closeout, including our proposed 510 bed residential college. Responsibilities include the development of the program and project budget in consultation with project users, Executive Committee leadership and the Provost's office. Primary duties include developing and managing the project budget and schedule from project inception through completion while maintaining the expectations of all stakeholders.
This is a five year term benefits eligible position.
The Senior Project Manager represents the University's interest throughout the design and construction process and is responsible for coordinating the University's efforts and the project communication plan. The Senior Project Manager will serve as primary liaison between project design and construction teams and the University, and will coordinate team communications and preparations for state and or municipal approval with regard to land use, zoning, construction code submissions and other regulating bodies.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for maintaining portfolio reports for work assigned, keeping project information in departmental reporting systems up to date on a regular basis (SharePoint, financial reporting, and project status reporting), and should be familiar with digital tools, including CADD and BIM; primavera schedule platforms, and excel and similar data-management formats.
- Ten plus years project management experience with demonstrated proficiency in campus facilities design management.
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree.
- Leadership skills to motivate project team, resolve conflicts and foster timely decisions.
- Time management capacities to work on several projects in different phases of development with peers, consultants, builders and proficiency in scheduling work plans for design, construction and move-in activities.
- Capacity to maintain and manage budget figures with current knowledge of how University's funds are being allocated.
- Analytical abilities to solve problems at the work day level and across a program of related projects, including analyzing data and making recommendations for decisions that affect projects on a regular basis.
- Verbal and written communications skills that foster an exemplary level of dialogue and decision-making within the facilities organization and the University Administration.
Professional registration as an architect and LEED accreditation are highly preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
This is a five year term appointment.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.