Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The Department of Environmental and Occupational Health (EOH) at the Milken Institute of Public Health (SPH) is seeking to fill a full-time Program Associate position on the Foggy Bottom campus. The Program Associate will work closely with EOH faculty, staff and students, in service of the department's academic mission. The successful candidate is a team player with strong communication skills (both oral and written), pays close attention to detail, and is a customer service focused self-starter. Creative problem-solving and the ability to effectively collaborate with a broad range of offices within SPH are also critical to this position.
The purpose of this position is to provide coordination and program management on behalf of an academic program or initiative. This role will serve as a point of contact for the program, will answer program questions from faculty, staff, and students, and will provide functional support for the program administration. Functional support could include answering most inquiries, enrollment guidance, managing web presence and some marketing efforts, drafting program materials, planning and executing events, tracking spending and processing payments, preparing and analyzing reports, and similar duties. Often these positions make recommendations to policy and procedure. Often these roles are tasked with outreach to other GW stakeholders in order to assist in maintaining standard operational efficiencies. Typical duties often are administrative in nature including tasks that are routine, and under general or limited supervision of more senior personnel within the department, or program.
This position will report to the Department Chair.
• Coordinates department communication with students, including EOH Opportunities, and distribution of program-specific information in collaboration with the program directors for Environmental Health Science and Policy (EHS&P) and Global Environmental Health (GEH)
• Coordinates department research seminars, inviting recommended speakers, creating/distributing publicity materials, and scheduling related meetings.
• Departmental liaison to the SPH Office of Student Affairs, assisting with the coordination of departmental visits for prospective students, ensuring the accuracy of student records, reviewing EOH course schedules and classroom scheduling.
• Maintains department alumni contact lists and identifies engagement opportunities.
• EOH point of contact for Public Health Student Association departmental liaisons
• Provides administrative and technical support to students on specific program requirements, including obtaining faculty signatures on RTFs, Graduate Records Petitions, Professional Enhancement forms, etc.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
This position is located at the Foggy Bottom CampusMinimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, strong attention to detail
• Team player with a commitment to customer service
• Proficiency in MS Office, Google Drive and other software applications
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Academic Affairs Sub-Family Program Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007823 Job Open Date: 12/03/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter