The Assistant Athletic Trainer for Football will assist with Student-Athlete Healthcare to the Football Student-Athletes, in conjunction with other ATC's. Schedule and ensure attendance at physician/specialty appointment for the FB athletes. Assist with NCAA/UKAD Drug Testing along with supply inventory. Mentor and direct GA ATC FB Staff, along with student athletic training aides. Coordinate Student worker annual application process and interviews to ensure continuity of work-force staffing. Serve as ATC staff liaison to the High Performance Staff with Football.
Ensure proper licenses are maintained, specifically NATA Certification and State of Kentucky Licensure and complies with NCAA, SEC and University rules and policies.
Assistant Athletic Trainer-Football
12F00:UKAA - Support Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Requires handling of average weight objects up to 25 lbs.
Days, Evenings, and Weekends.
NATA/BOC Certification and Eligible for State of Kentucky Licensure
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's with three to four years experience in athletic training in a Division I collegiate setting.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience as a certified athletic trainer with major responsibilities covering a Division I or Pro Football team?
- * Are you certified by the National Athletic Trainers Association?
- * As part of the Southeastern Conference, candidates considered for staff or coaching positions within UK Athletics are required to disclose any unethical conduct. Please answer the below questions regarding your personal NCAA record. Have you ever been charged with a violation of NCAA 10.1 Unethical Conduct by the NCAA or any NCAA member institution?
- * Have you ever been charged with a NCAA Level I, II or III, secondary or major violation?
- * If you answered yes, to either of the previous two questions, please list all violations in which you've been charged or were involved.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently involved in any pending NCAA investigation, charges and/or violations of NCAA legislation?
- * Has the NCAA Committee on Infractions ever issued you show-cause penalty?
- * I agree to and understand that failure to disclose any NCAA violation or false information regarding my NCAA compliance history will result in removal of my application for consideration.
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter