Coordinator Facilities-2 positions
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 12-03-2018
The mission of Campus Recreation is to enhance the quality of life of our unique members by educating and encouraging the active participation in recreational opportunities that develop leadership skills, foster social interaction and reinforce healthy behaviors.
This position is responsible for the daily operation of all Campus Recreation indoor and outdoor facilities. This includes the Student Fitness Center and McCormick Hall, Gregory Street Fields Complex, Campus Recreation Operations building on Gregory Street fields and other smaller recreation spaces. The position will also provide daily management of the Redbird Adventure Center and High Ropes Course which opened in Fall 2018. The position is responsible for training and mentoring over 80 students in the areas of risk management, customer service, cash transaction processing, and facility inspections. The position may also supervise up to 2 graduate assistants and 1 Maintenance Mechanic.
1. Bachelor's Degree in a field relevant to the position (e.g., Kinesiology, Physical Education, or
closely related field)
2. Two (2) years (24 months) of experience in the promotion, design, development, and administration of recreational programs*
*Note: An advanced degree (Master's or higher) in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Exercise Science, or closely related field may substitute in meeting the qualifications in number 1 and count for one year of experience in number 2 above.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
**Master's degree will count towards experience if earned prior to start date. Applicant will be required to provide transcripts at that time (may be unofficial).
1. Master's degree preferred.
2. Valid driver's license and/or ability to obtain valid driver's license.
3. Demonstrated experience successfully managing a college or university recreation facility.
4. Familiarity with inspecting facility for risk management or maintenance concerns and resolving problems independently prior to activity.
5. Demonstrated experience in the training and supervision of student employees and volunteers to accomplish program operations.
6. Availability to work flexible shifts, evenings and weekends depending on activities being offered.
7. Ability to communicate proficiently both verbally and in writing.
8. Familiarity with a broad range of facility and sports equipment and the ability to maintain equipment inventory including procurement and rental operations.
9. Experience with successful event management and/or coordination.
10. Familiarity and comfort with Fusion or similar software package.
11. Working knowledge of facility and equipment maintenance, custodial services and welcome desk operations.
12. Familiarity with outdoor athletic field maintenance.
13. Possess American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor certification or must obtain within the first year of employment.
14. Possess National Swimming Pool Foundation Certified Pool Operator or equivalent.
15. Possess American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
16. Possess American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
17.Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite 2010 or equivalent product.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.