Burr Ridge, IL
About the Unit
The University of Chicago is a private institution encompassing the undergraduate College, six professional schools (Business, Law, Divinity, Public Policy, Medicine and Social Service Administration), four graduate divisions (Biological Sciences, Humanities, Physical Sciences, and Social Sciences) and the University of Chicago Medical Center. The broader University enterprise includes Argonne National Laboratory, Fermilab, and Yerkes Observatory.
Responsible for assisting the revenue cycle team by performing of the accurate application of all manually and electronically received insurance/patient payments into the Epic Resolute system. Ensures the quality of work reflects peak performance.
- Ensures all eligible payments are posted correctly and timely. This includes: Manual lockbox and ACH payments, some transfer payments
- Manages electronic remittance edit work queues
- Accepts all electronic remittance files at the end of the day
- Works assigned reconciliation variances
- Responsible for following up on payments posted to clearing accounts This includes: Calls payor/searches vendor websites to obtain EOBs not sent with payments
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with clarity, tact, and courtesy with patrons, patients, staff faculty, students, and others.
- Demonstrated ability to participate as a member of the staff in identifying priorities for the work unit and participate as a member of a work group or team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and resolve or refer problems and conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to use or learn to use a range of position related software applications. These may include standard software packages as well as networked systems, email, the Web, and other types of information structures.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand basic documentation such as help screens and departmental handouts.
Education, Experience, or Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Cash Applications experience, 3 years required
- Previous experience with physician revenue cycle and Epic Resolute preferred
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills required
- Prior general office experience required
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- PC experience and MS Office (Word and Excel) is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use or learn to use a range of position related software applications. These may include standard software packages as well as networked systems, email, the Web, and other types of information structures.
- Cover Letter
- Reference Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Salary Range: $16.90-$24.74
Please refer to Additional Requirements to see the pay ranges
Scheduled Weekly Hours
024- Local 743, I.B.T. Clerical
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/