Assistant Professor in Residence, Stamford
Job Title: Assistant Professor in Residence, Stamford
Job ID: 2019238
Location: Stamford Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Management Department in the School of Business at the University of Connecticut invites applications for a non-tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor In-Residence to begin in Fall 2019.
The University of Connecticut (UConn) is entering a transformational period of growth supported by the $1.7B Next Generation Connecticut (http://nextgenct.uconn.edu/) and the $1B Bioscience Connecticut (http://biosciencect.uchc.edu/) investments and a bold new Academic Plan: Path to Excellence (http://issuu.com/uconnprovost/docs/academic-plan-single-hi-optimized_1). As part of these initiatives, we are pleased to continue these investments by inviting applications for a faculty position in the Management Department.
The successful candidate will be expected to share a deep commitment to effective instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to the development of innovative courses, and to the mentoring of students in their professional development. In addition, individuals will be expected to contribute to scholarship and outreach targeted at the professional community in order to maintain faculty qualifications under AACSB guidelines. Successful candidates will share a deep commitment to effective instruction. Successful candidates will also be expected to assist the University in its efforts to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups; demonstrate through their research, teaching, and/or public engagement the richness of diversity in the learning experience; integrate multicultural experiences into relevant course content; contribute to the development of pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
This position involves teaching courses primarily in the areas of strategy and/or organizational behavior at the undergraduate and MBA levels, with the ability to teach other management courses in the areas of international business, entrepreneurship, or human resources. Additionally, the position involves publishing research in academic or quality practitioner outlets, teaching-oriented journals, and/or scholarly books. There is also the expectation of participation in service activities within the Management Department, the School and the University, as well as outreach to the business community.
- Earned Ph.D. in Management or related field, with dissertation defended by August 23, 2019. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- Expertise in a management discipline.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence in higher education.
- A deep commitment to promoting diversity through their academic and research programs.
- Earned Ph.D. from an AACSB-accredited institution.
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the Executive or Executive MBA level.
- A demonstrated publication record.
- A demonstrated record of either professional management experience or academic outreach to the business community.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise students in learning projects.
This is a full-time, 9-month non-tenure track position with the possibility of annual reappointment, contingent upon positive annual reviews and program funding, and may lead to a multi-year appointment. The successful candidate will be assigned a primary academic appointment at the Stamford campus, with the possibility of course assignment outside of the base campus or online. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Select "Apply Now" to be redirected to Academic Jobs Online to complete your application. Please submit the following and include your last name as well as search #2019238 in the document title for each document submitted:
- A cover letter specifically addressing your credentials relative to the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above.
- Curriculum vitae
- A one-page teaching statement with attached teaching evaluations.
- A one-page research and scholarship statement (innovative concepts that will form the basis of academic career, experience in proposal development, mentorship of graduate students, etc.)
- A one-page commitment to diversity statement (as related to broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in instruction and research and pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of diverse learning styles, etc.)
- Additionally, please follow the instructions in Academic Jobs Online to direct three reference writers to submit letters of reference on your behalf.
Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by December 31, 2018. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search 2019238)
For more information regarding the Department of Management, please visit the department website at http://management.business.uconn.edu/. Inquiries other than applications can be directed to:
Management Department, School of Business
University of Connecticut
2100 Hillside Road, Unit 1041A
Storrs, CT 06269-1041
This position will be filled subject to budgetary approval.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty, and staff. The diversity of students, faculty, and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural, and diverse community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.