Public Relations Manager, Washington, D.C.
Public Relations Manager, Washington, D.C.
Job Number: 81343
Job Code: 4266
Job Grade: L
A cover letter and resume are required for full consideration.
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is seeking a full-time Public Relations Manager based in the organization's Washington, D.C. office.
About Stanford University's Hoover Institution: The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace is a public policy research center devoted to the advanced study of economics, politics, history, and political economy—both domestic and foreign—as well as international affairs.
Founded in 1919 by Herbert Hoover before he became the thirty-first president of the United States, the Institution began as a repository of historical material gathered at the end of World War I. The library and archives have grown to be among the largest private repositories of documents on twentieth-century political and economic history. Over time the Institution expanded its mission from collecting archival material to conducting advanced research on contemporary history and economics and applying this scholarship to current public policy challenge.
With its eminent scholars and world-renowned library and archives, the Hoover Institution seeks to improve the human condition by advancing ideas that promote economic opportunity and prosperity, while securing and safeguarding peace for America and all humanity.
Manage public relations teams. Develop, execute and assess a proactive communications strategy aimed at brand management and elevating the reputation of the Hoover Institution nationally and internationally. Manage Hoover's Media Fellows and Media Roundtable programs.
- Participate in the development of strategic communication plans, including long and short term goals, with methods of measuring the plan's impact on and contribution to the Hoover Institution.
- Participate in the development of key messages and strategies to communicate complex information to multiple audiences and constituencies through a wide variety of communications platforms, including digital, print, social and media.
- Prepare for crisis communications response and be able to direct response if needed.
- Contribute to devising and implement efficient and effective means of communicating the innovations, academic excellence, and essential nature of the Hoover Institution and its components to internal audiences, the general public, the media, alumni, prospective and admitted students, faculty, staff, and current students.
- Monitor staff and resources to determine if they are appropriately aligned to deliver the objectives of the organization.
- Leverage relationships with key reporters and editors, media, community and/or government leaders.
- Cooperate closely with the university's communications office to ensure consistent and complementary strategic plans with overall university outreach and communications.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Political Science preferred. Ten or more years' experience in the field of communications and media relations preferred with a minimum of 5 years in an influential or managerial role, such as a Press Secretary or Communications Director.
Relevant experience may include:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Desired/Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Hoover Institution, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency