Job Number: 81334
Stanford University, School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Pain & Perioperative Medicine is seeking a Software Developer 2 to independently focus on the design, development, and implementation of the SQL application to support a new Clinical Accounting Database, along with an RDBMS solution to administer it. The Stanford University Department of Anesthesia is committed to training physicians to become outstanding anesthesiologists. We feel that our training program allows our residents develop the knowledge and skills required to provide the best possible care to their patients throughout their career. We are also committed to meeting the academic research aspirations of our residents, in order to prepare them for academic careers in our specialty.
This position is a one-year, fixed-term position and is currently located at 1070 Arastradero Road, Palo Alto, CA. It will be located in Redwood City, CA beginning summer of 2019.
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for complex system/programs independently. This position will focus on the design, development, and implementation of the SQL application to support a new Anesthesia's Clinical Accounting Database, along with an RDBMS solution to administer it. The database is complex and is used to track faculty work time and how that time corresponds to incentive payments. Under minimal the Software Developer will develop a new application to support a database to track faculty FTE, work commitments, billable hours, using a set of complex rules related to faculty compensation.
- Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system tradeoffs between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contacts. The Software Developer will work with multiple administrators and faculty members; ensure that the Clinical Accounting Database will be highly-available, given the sensitive timing required to calculate hours for payroll.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed. Create documentation that will enable current IT staff to troubleshoot and administer the database; educate current IT staff on all facets of supporting the new database before the end of the fixed-term position.
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work. Work closely with the Finance and IT teams in order to fulfill entry and reporting requirements of the database, as well as implementing a new web Graphic User Interface.
- Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Serve as a technical resource for applications. The incumbent will be the only department resource for the applications designed to support the database.
- Mentor lower level software developers. Responsible for training and mentoring individuals that need to use and maintain the database (IT, Finance, and Analysts) who rely on the database for faculty payroll and incentive programs.
Education & Experience (Required):
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining complex web applications.
- Expert knowledge in MySQL and SQL Server and rest of the LAMP stack: Linux, Apache, and PHP.
- Experience in working with JSON data and RESTful services.
- Solid understanding of web standards and usability method.
- Experience in with with git and UNIX.
- Substantial experience in building maintainable software applications.
- Experience in writing unit tests and browser behavioral tests.
- Current knowledge of latest software building standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with data model concepts of non-relational databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Proficiency with application design and data modeling.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Knowledge of application domain.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
Job Code: 4822
Job Grade: J
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency