Manager Operations and User Experience
Manager Operations and User Experience
Job Number: 81342
Business Title: Manager Operations and User Experience
Job Title: Administrative Services Administrator 2
Division: Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Job Code: 4122 Salary Grade: J
Schedule: 32 hours a week (80% FTE)
Exemption: Exempt Appointment Duration: Continuing
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Looking for a creative, intelligent, design-minded thinker with strong analytical and writing skills to manage and implement marketing and outreach projects as the Manager of Operations and User Experience in the Schwab Learning Center.
The Schwab Learning Center (SLC) is proud to be part of Student Affairs, which advances student development and learning; fosters community engagement; promotes diversity, inclusion and respect; and empowers students to thrive.
Provide management and coordination of Schwab Learning Center's administrative and operations-related functions under minimal supervision.
- Lead SLC community outreach via face-to-face presentations, website, social media, and print materials.
- Contribute to communication plan and change management elements. Serve as a subject matter expert in learning disabilities and ADHD, as well as Universal Design for Learning to other departments.
- Manage development and implementation of marketing strategy (print and digital) for the SLC, including how to engage clients and fundamentally impact their relationship with the SLC.
- Manage development and implementation of user experience strategy, including how to measure client satisfaction and process improvement.
- Oversee editorial strategy and voice of the content of print and digital communications (brochures, website, social media, newsletters, etc.).
- Evaluate business plans and processes for operational and/or financial effectiveness. Identify, analyze and resolve complex issues and provide alternative solutions as necessary which may include changes to programs, internal policies, guidelines and procedures.
- May lead process improvement projects and influence leadership on specific recommendations for current operations and future development.
- Publish quarterly and annual status reports, including interfacing with SLC Director on analysis and content experts within the SLC for data gathering, goal status, dashboard maintenance, and development of the narrative.
- Manage relationship with Chabot vendor, implement system updates and update website to reflect trends in client inquiries.
- Interpret, implement and ensure compliance with university administrative policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program or function.
- Monitor digital (e.g. web, social media, surveys) analytics to derive trends and insights on clients' engagement, needs and process improvement.
- Analyze needs and make recommendations to leadership for changes in staffing, facilities, health and safety compliance, finance, technology and/or administrative functions.
- Run SLC's quarterly client feedback survey from start to finish, including data gathering, data analysis, strategic insights, recommendations for process improvement and summary reporting.
- Represent the program or function within the department, unit or school by committing resources and provide information and/or training. Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Attend university events such as New Student Orientation and New Graduate Office events to inform students, parents and staff of the services available at the Schwab Learning Center.
- Represent the center at student functions and Student Affairs events.
- Provide advice to parents and incoming students on a range of issues related to learning disabilities to assist them in making appropriate choices and decisions about their academic support.
- Develop and implement quarterly speaker series to educate students, faculty/TA's, staff, parent/guardians on the gifts and talents of neuro-diverse learners.
- Partner with internal stakeholders, such as program teams, service teams, IT, campus partners to achieve marketing, user experience and outreach goals.
- May direct and/or supervise staff.
- In the absence of the Director, manage people, processes, and programs in support of the marketing and communications strategy and the overall vision of the Schwab Learning Center.
- In the absence of the Director, manage staff in the day-to-day operations for functional area(s) of responsibility. Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, personal development for direct reports and accountable for the performance of employees. Ensure work completion within schedule and constraints.
- May independently or in collaboration with human resources manager, guide supervisors in the interpretation and implementation of human resources policies, procedures and programs.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Experience a culture of excellence.
Stanford University, located in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume with their application.
Finalist candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
Location: Vice Provost for Student Affairs, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency