Director of Nursing - North-West College
Provides leadership and counseling in developing coordinating, implementing and supervising department policies, procedures, and program. The Director of Nursing will assist in carrying out all functions necessary and required for compliance with the Rules and regulations issued by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, Title 16, Chapter 25, California Administrative Code.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership in the formulation of the philosophy and objectives of the Vocational Nursing Program.
- Plans, evaluates, and supervises the implementation of an approved course curriculum.
- Establishes, reviews, and revises the policies, and procedures of the Vocational Nursing Department.
- Evaluates and selects clinical affiliations appropriate for use by VN students with the periodic review and promotion of effective hospital and school relationships.
- Interviews, evaluates, and employs new instructors with approval of Administration.
- Provides for orientation and training of new personnel and periodic performance evaluations, including visits to clinical/classroom areas.
- Maintains effective communication with assigned personnel and provides necessary guidance and counseling.
- Conducts regularly scheduled faculty meetings, initiates projects, studies, and programs for the Vocational Nursing Department.
- Advises and assists instructors in material selection, preparation, program development, and implementation.
- Exercises authority in selection and retention of students.
- Is instrumental in student performance evaluations via periodic clinical rounds, discussions with hospital personnel involved with the student program and use of extensive counseling processes.
- Develops, maintains, utilizes records, and reports information pertinent to the Vocational Nursing program.
- Meets on a regular basis with the Director of Education and Campus Director, keeping him/her informed of all matters pertaining to the Vocational Nursing program.
- Attends regularly scheduled Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians meetings and other appropriate organizational meetings.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to guide and direct the efforts of subordinates.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills, fostering a customer service oriented culture.
- Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to set goals and prioritize tasks and/or resources to accomplish those goals while managing time effectively.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate integrity, imagination, initiative, and evidence of self-improvement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Master's degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Completion of courses in administration, teaching, and curriculum development.
- Possess current valid California R.N. License.
- Minimum of three years of experience as an R.N.
- Within the past five years, must have completed a minimum of one year of teaching or clinical supervision or a minimum of three years of Nursing Administration experience.
Apply for Director of Nursing - North-West College
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly