Associate Information Analyst
Associate Information Analyst
IT Analyst & Support
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Information Analyst for Academic Affairs, the Associate Information Analyst will join the existing Information Analyst as a team to provide information technology support and solutions to the Division of Academic Affairs at WPI. This is a two-year position to assist during the transition of our University Enterprise Transformation Project.
The Information Analyst team assists in the design, development, testing and integration of IT tools, applications, and products and provides technology training and support as a way of maximizing resources and enhancing efforts to achieve departmental and university goals. They will develop subject matter knowledge to solve complex technical issues, discover software failures, identify solutions and recommend product enhancements. Together, they will lead re-engineering efforts for departmental business processes and coordinate efforts to evaluate, establish, implement and document office procedures and outcomes. They are responsible for managing data integration, reporting and to provide primary support for the department/divisional operations. Technology, integrations, data, and reporting are rapidly evolving at WPI so the ability to adapt is crucial to this role.
The Division of Academic Affairs is seeking to increase its technically-skilled staff in advance of the migration of the student information system to Workday and as part of a larger initiative to improve business process, data integrity and access, and to increase data-driven decision-making. The Information Analyst team will work closely to facilitate accurate and efficient data reporting and processes supporting the institutional strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the staff and faculty of the Provost Office, Academic Departments and all other departments that report up to the Division of Academic Affairs to use technology to improve business processes in their respective areas.
- Lead and direct staff to support and troubleshoot divisional technology initiatives and operations.
- Provide support and training for data processing and reporting efforts within the division.
- Run recurring and ad hoc reports as needed for general office reporting, for university surveys and for data verification.
- Investigate, implement and document new business process flows for new functionality as dictated by federal regulations, institutional policies, interdepartmental dependencies or office automation requests.
- Work with users to develop, implement, and maintain IT-based processes, including workflows, reporting, and analysis tools.
- Assist the Data Architecture staff in IT in populating and maintaining a University-wide data dictionary.
- In collaboration with IT and Information Analysts in other divisions, coordinate cross-departmental and cross-divisional initiatives for system integration, upgrades, and data integration.
- Act as primary point of contact between the IT Division and the Academic Affairs Division; oversee any IT upgrades within the division and support campus-wide technology ventures on behalf of the division.
- Utilize additional software and programming tools (such as SQL, Excel, Tableau) for the generation of reports and to support the work of the division.
- Train, update, and assist staff with technology related issues and projects; help staff better utilize technology to track progress, measure results and develop reports in support of division goals and objectives.
- Work in conjunction with the Office of Institutional Research to ensure high level of accuracy and precision in data reporting and data integrity.
- Serve on the Administrative Services Working Group and the Data Stewards Working Group.
- Convene regular meetings of divisional Information Analysts to support divisional technology initiatives and operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level knowledge of FERPA and other relevant regulations concerning student and university records management.
- Experience in managing integrated student information systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituencies, including staff, faculty, and administrators, on a wide range of issues; interactions require discretion, diplomacy, judgment and maturity.
- Solid project management experience, including excellent time management and organizational skills.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Associate-Information-Analyst_R0000154-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency