Kellogg Community College is recruiting for a dynamic, highly motivated individual with strong teaching and leadership skills to assume the role of Instructor for the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) Program, with additional oversight of the Pipefitting program. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assume leadership role for the HVAC-R and Pipefitting Programs, providing instruction in the classroom setting, the skills lab and the online virtual learning environments
· Maintain current and relevant curriculum content, design and delivery
· Engage with administration in program and budgetary strategic planning, and
· Actively participate to assure continued program quality standards and program effectiveness benchmarks are met that include but are not limited to student enrollment and completion.
In addition, the candidate must demonstrate an understanding of the community college role in the educational continuum, as well as for the student population needs we serve. A holistic and forward-thinking approach with a keen ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships, strategically think and successfully implement change are requirements of the person who will assume this faculty role for the College. This is a full-time, faculty tenure-track position reporting to the Director of Industrial Trades Education.
1. Journeyman’s card in HVAC-R OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college/university.
2. Current EPA Section 608 Technician Certification.
3. Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in HVAC-R.
1. Master’s degree in a relevant field.
2. Five (5) years of work experience in HVAC-R.
3. Experience working in Pipefitting and/or teaching skills related to this field.
4. Experience teaching on a job site, in a community college, or at a four-year institution.
5. Experience in curriculum design and assessment of student learning.
6. Demonstrated competence with current software applications.
7. Teaching experience of high school students and adult learners preferably in community college HVAC-R and Pipefitting programs.
8. Experience with developing and operating an educational program of study to meet employer needs.
9. Experience with inspiring and motivating students in online and traditional classroom/lab.
10. Demonstrated high level of communication effectiveness—both verbal and written.
11. Evidence of successfully working with a diverse population.
12. Evidence of proficiency in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
13. Evidence of an ability to effectively and independently organize work and meet deadlines.
14. Demonstrated success in working on a team, as a contributor and as a leader.
15. Evidence of organizational commitment and work ethic.
16. Knowledge of RMTC competency-based educational delivery model.
Work schedule is defined by the faculty contract, currently at 166 days, fall and spring semesters, during the College’s hours of operation and at all College locations.
Our applicant process requires all materials be submitted online by the closing date and time. If you have questions regarding our online application process, please call (269) 565-2074 or email [email protected]