Library Clerk - Part-Time
Position Title: Library Clerk - Part-Time
Salary: $11.62 per hour
Required qualifications include the ability to:
- Understand and interpret policies and to effectively communicate them to the public.
- Effectively listen to and communicate with library patrons to determine their needs.
- Learn basic library organization, terminology, materials and software.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Deal tactfully, courteously, and effectively with patrons of all ages and with other college employees.
- Remain flexible and positive in a constantly changing environment.
Successful candidate should possess computer skills (basic operation, MS Office, navigating internet, etc.) and knowledge of other library-related technologies.
High School Diploma or equivalent; two (2) years library and/or customer service experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The part-time position consists of a maximum of 17.5 hours per week.
The MVCC Utica Campus Library is searching for a part-time library clerk to work up to four afternoon shifts each week - which would include Tuesday 12-4 PM, Thursday 12-4 PM, Friday 12-4 PM, Saturday 12-5 PM, or Sunday 5-9 PM. Hours may vary based on availability and academic calendar.
Main responsibilities involve operations at the circulation desk. Part-time library clerk duties include providing high quality customer service to patrons; performing a variety of clerical and technical functions; staffing circulation desk; overseeing work of student assistants; charging out and monitoring use of study rooms; and assisting with any special projects as needed.
In your application, please specify which of the shifts you would be available to work from the list above.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 12/12/2018
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.