University of Colorado
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
A full-time Professional Research Assistant (PRA) position is available in the Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine Biobank in the Division of Biomedical Informatics & Personalized Medicine at the University of Colorado Denver. The PRA will perform laboratory procedures including analysis of clinical and research samples. This position will involve genetic testing of human blood samples for genetic changes in a clinical laboratory environment.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Relevant MA / MS degree or above OR relevant Bachelor's degree plus 1 year of clinical laboratory experience
- Training in genetics and/or molecular biology with a theoretical understanding of and experience in interpretation of molecular assay results.
- Experience in meeting CLIA and CAP standards / requirements. Applicants with previous experience in a CLIA-certified setting, or with clinical laboratory credentials such as MB, ASCP are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with previous experience with genetic microarray analysis are encouraged to apply.
- Previous biobank or high-throughput laboratory experience a plus.
- Reliable, punctual, and motivated in his or her work. Attention to details, diligence in data recording/documentation, strict adherence to established assay protocols and laboratory policies/procedures, strong organizational skills.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14788
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 21637 - ADM-VCHA-BIPM DNA Bank
Posting Date: Oct 3, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Aileen Sanders
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00735583