Research Administrator 2
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $72,500
The Department of Entomology is a large and complex operation encompassing teaching, extensive research and outreach. Fiscal responsibilities include the management of approximately $20M in appropriations and $11M in expenditures from a variety of state, federal and gift fund sources as of FY17. The department supports ~34 faculty and includes ~240 non-senate academics, postdocs, graduate students, research personnel & administrative staff. Under the supervision of the Financial Operations Manager and working in partnership with a team of three analysts, provide pre- and post- award administration of contracts and grants for the department. Independently develop budget proposals and advise faculty of UC policies and procedures. Serve as liaison for faculty and department between Research and Economic Development office and Extramural Fund Accounting. Develop and revise rate structures for Sales and Service activities and prepare monthly financial reports. Please note: This position is designated as a Career Ladder recruitment, which means the hiring department can recruit and fill this role at different levels within the position classification series. Therefore, this position is currently posted as Research Administrator 2 Job ID# 201809113701 and Research Administrator 3 Job ID# 201809103662. Applicants are encouraged to review both positions to determine the best match for your skills. All applicants will be assessed based on the minimum requirements for the recruitment for which they applied. If you wish to be considered in multiple pools or are unsure, please apply for both positions.
Ability to manage a high volume of transactions.
Knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
knowledge of grant funding processes, procedures and techniques.
Ability to maintain independent judgment; strong organization; communication skills; and a customer service focus.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, sponsor and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Ability to perform moderately complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Writing skils to draft persuasive text for variety of audiences.
Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Must be able to work in a fast-pace environment with multiple deadlines and must be able to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team situation.
Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
Demonstrated knowledge of UCR's financial system and the client/server systems.
Demonstrated knowledge of the University of California's financial policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview