Associate Professor of Clinical - School of Nursing & Health Studies
Job location: Campus - Coral Gables
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-10-22
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Associate Dean Undergraduate Program and Associate Professor of Clinical
The Associate Professor of Clinical will report directly to the Vice Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies and responsibilities will include, teaching at the undergraduate and graduate programs, academic advising of students in the program, scholarship and research activities, community and academic service activities and participating in school committees.
Associate Dean Undergraduate Program Responsibilities include
- Manage faculty teaching primarily in the BSN programs including identifying, interviewing, hiring, and orienting them, making teaching assignments, mentoring and supporting faculty in achieving their professional development goals and evaluating their performance. Represent SONHS at appropriate regional and national meetings.
- Curriculum - Work with faculty to design, evaluate, and offer an exemplary nursing program. Work closely with Assistant Dean for Student Services to schedule courses.
- Clinical Placement - Attend clinical agency affiliation meetings, work with clinical partners regarding changing requirements, attend CCPS meetings and submit all clinical placement requests via CCPS, maintain regular communication with all clinical partners and establish new clinical partnerships to support program needs, complete various clinical agency attestations/Complio and other documentation as needed, and implement clinical site evaluations, analyze and report findings.
- Student Success - Support SONHS activities related to student recruitment, review all admission applications, conduct new student orientation each semester, oversee advisement of Scholars and Fellows (e.g. Foote, Helene Fuld), advise students and refer to appropriate resources as appropriate, manage ongoing assessment of preparation for successful completion of NCLEX-RN (e.g. HESI Exams, HESI Remediation Program, etc).
- Program Evaluation and Accreditation - Maintain currency of SONHS BSN Handbook, Clinical Faculty Handbook, and appropriate section of the UM Bulletin, and draft reports necessary for CCNE and SACS.