Putnam and Hayes Distinguished Professor
Position Number 001184
Functional Title Putnam and Hayes Distinguished Professor
Position Type Tenure Stream
The Bryan School of Business and Economics at the University of North Carolina Greensboro (UNCG) invites applications, expressions of interest, and nominations for the position of Putnam & Hayes Distinguished Professor in the Department of Consumer, Apparel, and Retail Studies (CARS).
We are seeking someone with a demonstrated record of success in scholarship, professional service, and effective teaching and graduate supervision, commensurate with appointment as a Distinguished Professor. Preference will be given to applicants with teaching experience and scholarship expertise in the areas of consumer, apparel and retail studies. This is a nine month tenured appointment at the rank of Professor available August 1, 2019.
- Teach four courses per year to undergraduate and graduate students in such areas as: apparel/retail industry dynamics, consumer behavior, apparel retail and brand management, research methods.
- Maintain an active program of scholarship leading to publications in elite and very high-quality journals (e.g., Financial Times 50, CABS-Extended 4 and 4*) and, secondarily, scholarly books.
- Seek and acquire external support for scholarship.
- Supervise and mentor graduate student research.
- Mentor faculty in developing high quality scholarship programs.
- Help to create and expand the Department's industry relationships.
- Contribute to innovative curriculum development.
- Maintain strong professional involvement and participate in appropriate service activities.
An earned Ph.D in the clothing and textiles discipline is required. Other requirements include:
- Established program of scholarship including high-quality publications and success in securing external funding.
- Evidence of teaching excellence as well as advising undergraduate and graduate students.
Tenure Status Tenure
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin immediately and shall continue until the position is successfully filled. Candidates are required to upload the following documents with their applications:
1. Letter of Interest that addresses qualifications
2. Current curriculum vita
3. Teaching Philosophy
4. Research Statement
Applicants are also asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three references within the references section of the electronic application. These references will be solicited by the UNCG Spartan Talent system via email, and asked to provide a confidential letter of reference/recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur when an applicant has been selected for the interview process.
Inquiries as to the requirements of the position may be directed to:
Dr. Kittiichai "Tu" Watchravesringkan
Chair of the the Search Committee [email protected]
Recruitment Range Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Consumer, Apparel & Retail Studies - 12404
Job Open Date 08/15/2018
For Best Consideration Date 08/31/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Statement
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu