Assistant Professor of Piano
Position Number 001960
Functional Title Assistant Professor of Piano
Position Type Tenure Stream
The UNCG School of Music seeks a a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Piano. Position start date is August 1, 2019.
ABD in Piano Performance or Piano Pedagogy is required for consideration; completed Doctorate in Piano or Piano Pedagogy is preferred. Candidates will provide evidence of successful teaching experience in applied piano at the collegiate level, as well as evidence of experience teaching related courses at the collegiate level if available. In addition to teaching applied piano at the undergraduate and graduate levels, the successful candidate will supervise and teach courses related to the Piano Pedagogy program, both for the MM in Piano Pedagogy and within the undergraduate curriculum, and will coordinate the class piano program. Other interests and qualifications are welcome and may enable participation in additional areas of teaching, such as collaborative piano, historical keyboard instruction, keyboard harmony, and/or piano literature. The position also requires engagement in significant creative activities and/or research, such as prominent performances or publications, as well as participation in recruitment and normal faculty governance service activities. The ideal candidate will exhibit an interest in developing a comprehensive musical awareness in all students and an understanding of how to work effectively with faculty colleagues to enhance the offerings of a dynamic School of Music.
The UNCG School of Music seeks applications from candidates who will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate cultural diversity and who are committed to advancing inclusion and equity. The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is committed to equality of employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status. Moreover, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro is committed to recruiting and advancing women and minorities at all faculty/staff levels.
- ABD in Piano Performance or Piano Pedagogy
- Teaching experience in applied piano at the collegiate level
- Doctoral degree in Piano Performance or Piano Pedagogy
- Experience teaching related courses at the collegiate level
Tenure Status Tenure Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload the following items:
1. Cover Letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) contacts to provide Letters of Recommendation, in the References section of the electronic application. These contacts will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGjobsearch system. The search committee may wish to contact these references for additional information, as well.
4. Links to three recent performances within the past three years (videos are preferred)
5. Unofficial academic transcripts
(OPTIONAL): You may upload syllabi, other teaching documents, or additional video link (upload as OTHER DOCUMENTS)
For application assistance, please contact [email protected]
Recruitment Range Commensurate with Experience
Org #-Department Music Performance - 12611
Job Open Date 09/14/2018
For Best Consideration Date 10/01/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Audio or Video Link 1
- Audio or Video Link 2
- Audio or Video Link 3
- Other Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu