Assistant Professor of Business Analytics
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000284
Job Title Assistant Professor of Business Analytics
Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 students to 3500 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT Dallas currently offers a full range of courses leading to undergraduate degrees, and graduate courses leading to master's degrees. UNT Dallas, already among the most diverse universities in the nation, accepted its first freshman class in Fall 2010. For more information about the university, go to http://dallas.unt.edu/.
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Business Analytics starting in Fall 2019. UNT Dallas-the first public institution of higher education in the city of Dallasoffers faculty the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban comprehensive university.
This position is a tenure-track position which will be responsible for teaching four courses per semester and engaging in service activities such as curriculum development, student recruiting, program assessment, program development and leadership, student advisement, and committee leadership.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- An earned doctoral degree in Business Analytics or closely related field, preferably from an AACSB-accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate courses in Decision Sciences (DSCI) or Information Systems (BCIS) courses.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Industry certification and/or professional experience, particularly in R, Tableau, and/or Access.
- Experience using technology in teaching, and experience teaching hybrid web or online courses.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain currency in both methodology and tool selection.
- Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff, and faculty.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, contact information for three professional references, and unofficial graduate transcripts through https://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/.
For additional information contact the Assistant Dean of School of Business, Dr. Daniel Friesen by electronic mail [email protected] or by telephone at (972) 338-1805.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an earned doctoral degree in Business Analytics or closely related field, preferably from an AACSB-accredited institution?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)