University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
SOM/Department of Medicine
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine
Open-Rank Faculty: Lung Transplant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Nature of Work:
The Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine is recruiting dynamic academic physicians for a pulmonary/critical care lung transplant faculty position (open-rank). Candidates should be board certified or board eligible in Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care Medicine and eligible for licensure in the State of Colorado.
Applicants should be enthusiastic about becoming active members of Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care Medicine, which fosters collaboration between basic, translational and clinical researchers. Demonstrate readiness for teaching medical and graduate students, serving as research mentors in graduate and postdoctoral training programs in pulmonary sciences and critical care medicine.
Examples of Work Performed
- Participate in the selection of Lung Transplant candidates.
- Provide and supervise patient care for pre and post lung transplant patients in the ICU before and after lung transplant
- Manage post-operative transplant patients in the ICU
- Perform bronchoscopic procedures
- Assist in Management of ECMO/bridge to transplantation patients
- Familiarity with Donor management and selection
- Provide Clinical outpatient consultations.
- Participate in the education of medical students, residents, fellows and other learners.
- Engage in academic mission of the Division and develop a robust research program in any of the pillar areas of the Division
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of standard inpatient and outpatient clinical operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of diagnosis in disorders and diseases of the lungs.
- Ability to work independently, as well as serving as a team member.
- Skilled in the use of an EMR for patient charting and all standard office software.
- Ability to develop collaborative or independent research projects.
- Educational skills to various learners.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- MD, DO
- Training and background in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Lung Transplantation
- Board certified or board eligible
- Colorado Medical License or ability to obtain a Colorado Medical License
- Experience educating medical students, residents, fellows, and others
- Desire to engage in the academic mission of the Division
- Ability to develop research program
Special Instructions to Applicants:REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1. A letter of application specifically addressing the job requirements and outlining qualifications. 2. A current CV or resume. 3. A list of 3-5 professional references, including their contact information. This list can be included on your CV or resume, but must be provided.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This is an on-going posting to fill multiple faculty positions at various ranks. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Aug 3, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Marci Terrell
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00611359