Lead Learning Specialist
Job Description Summary
Develop comprehensive academic coaching program to meet the needs of SLU students. Manage and further enhance Peer-Assisted Learning program designed to assist students in developing skills essential to academic success. Increase knowledge and performance of Peer-Assisted Learning coaches through College Reading and Learning Association certification. Create and administer content specific resources for CAVE Online. Other duties as assigned.
In addition to resume, please submit the following documents for review:
1. Cover Letter
2. Two Letters of Recommendation
3. Values Statement*
NOTE: Additional application documents may be added during the application process in the Resume/CV section (listed below Language).
*Values Statement: Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University's Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
Duties and Tasks:
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Student Learning, the Lead Learning Specialist will perform the following:
- Assess and further develop the Learning Specialist position to meet the needs of all SLU students.
- Create and implement Peer-Assisted Learning program.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and evaluate PAL Coaches.
- Create PAL program handbook and other training documents.
- Assess PAL program and provide recommendations to Associate Director of Student Learning.
- Certify the PAL program through the College Reading and Learning Association.
- Create and implement learning skills resources for the CAVE Online.
- Support the Associate Director of Student Learning with developing the CAVE Online.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A master's degree is required, at least one year of experience in higher education is preferred.
- Knowledge of online learning best practices.
- Knowledge of peer mentoring best practices.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supervising student employees.
- Program creation experience.
- Experience creating online content.
- Ability to work with diverse student populations.
- Ability to create and analyze data to improve programs and initiatives.
- Ability to collaborate with university constituents
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.