Postdoctoral Scholars - Chemical Synthesis
Open December 1st, 2018 through March 31st, 2019
If you apply to this recruitment by March 31st, 2019, you will have until April 12th, 2019 to complete your application.
School of Physical Sciences
Department of Chemistry
Position: Postdoctoral Scholars - Chemical Synthesis (JPF05066)
The Vanderwal research group in the Department of Chemistry, UC Irvine, is searching for up to two postdoctoral scholars to work in chemical synthesis on a collaborative project between UCI and GSK's Diseases of the Developing World (DDW) Campus, funded by GSK's Open Lab Initiative. The project will involve a mix of total synthesis, medicinal chemistry, and chemical probe design in the area of natural-product-based antimalarial drug development. Funding for 18 months is in place, wherein the first 6-9 months would be spent at UCI in the Vanderwal lab, and the rest of the time would be spent at the DDW campus in Madrid, Spain. The possibility exists to extend the appointment in the Vanderwal laboratory after the 18 months is complete. The anticipated start date will be summer of 2019.
Please apply online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05066 with a cover letter that also describes your immediate and long-term research goals, a curriculum vitae including publications list, and names for three letters of reference (please do not solicit letters).
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now