Specialists, Open Ranks
Open date: August 3rd, 2018
Next review date: August 17th, 2018
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: June 30th, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology anticipates openings in the Specialist Series.
CALIT2 promotes research and develops technology for areas such as biomedical, communication and networking technologies.
Applications are being sought from degreed candidates in Computer Science or related field. This is an ongoing recruitment and positions are dependent upon extramural funding. Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on performance and availability of support. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Design, implement and test software applications.
• Create and maintain system specification and sub-system specification documentation.
• Debug, test, and install complex programs.
• Diagnose and resolve complex application software problems and their related interfaces.
• Develops test - procedures and test platforms.
• Design and implement dialog and graphics routines for Android/iOS mobile user interfaces.
• Prepare documentation and paperwork used in the planning and preparation stages of the application and the instructions for its use.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 1 year of experience (additional to course-related projects) in software programming.
• Good problem-solving and troubleshooting experience.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well in team environment.
• Hands-on experience developing applications for mobile devices (Android/iOS applications).
• Unity3D development experience.
• Ability to mentor an undergraduate team on developing software applications.
You may visit the website at: www.calit2.uci.edu
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- 3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now