Assistant Director for Media/AV Hospitality and Event Services
Job no: 495944
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Hospitality and Event Services
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Oct 02 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Hospitality & Event Services office provides professional level event planning and service support to hundreds of events across campus in order to enhance the university's public image.
The Assistant Director for Media/AV provides a high level of customer service and expertise in a professional manner through technical support and coordination for all events on campus. The position is responsible for ensuring successful media and audio visual (A/V) and sound support, and oversees staff to meet these goals. She/he interacts with and advises clients on all levels of the organization and their guests. This is a key role within the department in enabling us to execute events of the highest quality possible.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Associate's Degree plus 2-4 years of experience with basic sound equipment, presentation technology, computers and basis networking. **Will consider candidates with High School Diploma/GED or equivalent PLUS 4-6 years of experience with basic sound equipment, presentation technology, computers and basis networking
- Effective verbal and written communication to interact with a broad range of university constituencies
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Valid Driver's license required
- Working knowledge of MS Office, especially PPT and Word
- Knowledge of classroom and meeting space technologies including LCD projectors and flat screens, connectivity adapters and computer output settings
- Ability to configure and connect to desktop video conferencing portals
- Ability to coordinate with external vendors as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of Allen & Heath Qu-16 mixer is preferred
- Knowledge of 25Live schedule system preferred
- Knowledge of lighting instruments such as pin and uplights preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.