Work Study - Student Ambassador (Metro Campus)
Department: Dean Access & Completion
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: Director, Student Support Services
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req320
Employment Type: Student
Vacancy Number: WS006-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: DAYS TO BE DETERMINED BY HIRING MANAGER AND STUDENT
Number of Openings: 3
Assists TRIO Student Support Services program by providing leadership and support to fellow program scholars as a model TRIO student-leader. Position requires high level of dependability and confidentiality.
- Coordinate, Develop and/ or present student success workshops
- Facilitate brief information sessions on the TRIO SSS program
- Connect with new TRIO Scholars to orient students to the program and serve as an additional support in their transition into and through Tri-C.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel preferred. Applicants comfortable and skilled with public-speaking are desired. Preference given to students in the TRIO Student Support Services program and first-generation students.
- Have completed at least 6 credit hours at Tri-C;
- Minimum GPA of 2.5;
- Consistently maintain 6 credit hours each semester;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- Adhere to College's confidentiality policy;
- Successfully pass background/drug screening;
- Flexible schedule including evenings and weekends;
- Must demonstrate outstanding customer service, reliability, effective leadership skills, and strong communication skills;
- Provide support to students during peak periods:
- Assist students with My Tri-C Space;
- Provide campus tours;
- Assist with on and off campus events such as open houses, NSO, college fairs, high school visits;
- Must participate in leadership programs and attend student success workshops;
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.