MBA and Specialized Programs Director
Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Position Title MBA and Specialized Programs Director
Vacancy # V-1525
Department School of Business
Division Academic Affairs
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Graduate and Continuing Education Programs, the MBA and Specialized Programs Director ("Director") oversees and manages the academic and programmatic aspects of the MBA program including curriculum, learning assessment, course scheduling, student admissions, advisement & dedicated career services. S/he will serve as one of the School's primary representatives in the MBA and business community, engaging in activities that promote innovation, exchange of ideas and awareness of our program.
Additionally, the MBA Director will partner with the Graduate School, Feliciano School of Business ("School") Dean's office in developing and implementing program strategic planning and visioning of the School. This role will work closely with the ("School") chairs and faculty to ensure that applicants and enrollees are well- supported and informed and that program courses are ably staffed and appropriately scheduled.
The Director will collaborate with other university colleges and schools, the Graduate School, department chairs, graduate program coordinators, and external partner institutions to continue to expand the MBA and graduate business offerings including (for example) 5-year and 1+ 1 options, new concentrations (along with the selective revision or retirement of old concentrations), and specialized Masters programs,. The Director will also assist in outreach to current and potential corporate partners with the goal of matching organizations' continuing education needs with FSBUS expertise and capacity. S/he will spend a portion of his/her time engaging with other schools' directors and external business leaders to stay abreast of industry trends, needs and innovations.
Program Strategic Planning (with dean's office) involves program projections, analysis and visioning using student and regional/national data, student and employer feedback and other intelligence gathered from academic and business sources. Plans must complement and advance the School's and University's goals.
MBA program management (working closely with Assistant Director) including budget preparation and monitoring, regular communication and interaction with the School and University functional offices (Registrar, Student Accounts, Career Services, Marketing, Development, Alumni Relations International Engagement, Financial aid, Finance, Provost's Office and Online and Continuing Education, OIT, Institutional Research, Procurement). The Director is also responsible for managing or supervising :
- Curriculum Management including overall content-setting and regular review and refreshment using input and feedback from appropriate stakeholder groups including employers and corporate partners, alumni, students (including course evaluation feedback) and our accrediting body, AACSB. As a leader and active member of the School's Graduate Committee, the Director will also orchestrate and oversee the regular review and updating of core courses and all requests for course alterations and additions.
- Assurance of Learning Management
- MBA and Graduate Programs staff and office management including performance management & review, mentoring & advisement
- Program event planning and management, e.g., new student orientation and graduating student commencement activities (program-specific) and
- Online MBA management including management of third party service providers, Office of Information Technology, and course development
- Course scheduling for all MBA modalities and graduate business certificates, accomplished in cooperation with department chairs and the Registrar's office.
- Management of Student (Program) Communications and Advisement including group and individual communications with prospective and enrolled students, degree auditing and troubleshooting. Also involves maintenance and regular updating of website content, brochures and other materials
- Director serves as chair of the School's Graduate Committee
University relations - working with other MSU schools and colleges to foster goodwill and realize cross-disciplinary opportunities; includes Graduate Council participation. Also includes participation in search and service committees and strategic initiatives.
Corporate and External Outreach to partner and potential partner organizations/employers and other schools as well as s professional and academic associations, MBA directors' organizations and ranking entity
Other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years' experience managing or teaching in an MBA or graduate business program or programs
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral degree
- Experience with program or concentration learning assessment and course sequencing
- Facility with spreadsheet and course management tools
- Familiarity with student management and CRM software systems
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION