New York Certification/License in Emergency Medical Tech (EMT) and/or Paramedic certificate.
Associate's Degree OR 2 years of professional full time experience in EMT Paramedic services.
Brief Description of Duties:
Under the direct supervision by either a Certified Lab Instructor or Certified Instructor Coordinator:
- Assist with the instruction of the students in the EMT/Paramedic Certificate Programs.
- Assist with instructional support duties for specific area of practice expertise, training for EMT/Paramedic Certificate programs
- Assist with examination of students to certify readiness for completion and board examination.
- Review training material and ensure that information is updated and relevant to various field conditions and duties.
- Interact with students to ensure that they are cognizant of relevant practices.
- Assist in the development of course material, criteria for and assessment of student's clinical skills according to most up-to-date examination materials.
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]y.gov.
About Stony Brook:Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Instructional Support Assistant
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: School of Health Technology and Management-Stony Brook University
Schedule: Per Diem Variable VariableSchool of Health Technology and Management-Stony Brook University
Posting Start Date: Oct 22, 2018
Posting End Date: Nov 6, 2018, 12:59:00 AM
Salary: $12.00 - $16.25/Hourly CWE
Salary Grade: SL1