University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature Of Work:
The research nurse practitioner (NP) or physician's assistant (PA) is responsible for participating in the implementation of study visits and procedures for research projects in the Division of Geriatric Medicine. The NP/PA will be responsible for daily operations related to the enrollment of research volunteers (e.g., recruiting, consenting, screening, data entry), the retention of research participants (e.g., follow-up testing, implementation of interventions, discussing study results), and the dissemination of project results. The NP/PA must have excellent communication skills and work effectively both independently and as part of a research team. The NP/PA will provide input and recommendations to Principal Investigators (PI) and study physicians on research activities. In collaboration with and under the guidance of PIs, the NP/PA will work closely with professional research assistants to maintain the fidelity and integrity of research protocols. The NP/PA may assume project management duties, which may include monitoring enrollment, categorizing and reporting adverse events, assuring compliance with the protocol, and troubleshooting problems that may arise. The NP/PA will lead safety and emergency training activities in the Exercise Research laboratory.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Perform screening medical history and physical examination for research volunteers
- Identify volunteers who meet eligibility criteria for project enrollment
- Conduct research tests and procedures including, but not limited to, phlebotomy, IV catheter placement and blood sampling, exercise stress testing, tissue sampling (muscle, fat, skin biopsies)
- Assist research teams with supervision of exercise training sessions
- Dispense and/or administer study drugs per protocol
- Prepare adverse event and protocol violation reports and communicate with PIs and study physicians on the occurrence of events and follow-up actions
- Participate in all required training activities including, but not limited to, those related to human research protection, privacy and confidentiality of data, and lab safety
- Collect data from clinical records and from research volunteers and participants
- Enter data into project-specific databases and assist with data management and quality assurance
- Participate in research and lab group meetings
- Assist with preparation of progress and safety reports for the research team and for funding agencies
- Assist in preparation of abstracts, manuscripts, and presentations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attentive to detail, organized
- Dependable, honest, strong work ethic
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, team player
Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds, able to sit or stand for more than 1 hour at a time
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity;
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Required Education, Experience, Skills:
- Certified ANP, FNP, GNP, or PA
- Current Colorado license
- University of Colorado Hospital credentialed
- Meet state requirements for functioning in the role of an advanced practice NP or PA
- Ability to learn and work with the Epic electronic health system
- Excellent phlebotomy and intravenous catheter placement skills
- Current CPR certification
Desired Education, Experience, Skills:
- At least one year of clinical practice as a NP or PA
- At least one year of clinical research experience
- Flexible work hours
- ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority
- Ability to proctor exercise stress tests, with monitoring of 12-lead ECG
- Ability to perform research tissue biopsies (muscle, fat, skin)
- Background in exercise science
- Computer skills and experience with MS Office Suite products
Special Instructions to Applicants:REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3- 5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Marquis Kirkwood at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20194 - SOM-MED-Geriatrics
Posting Date: Oct 1, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Marquis Kirkwood
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00007448