Working Title: Web Developer
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Information Technology Services
Posting Date: 10-01-2018
The University of Virginia has an exciting opening for a Web Developer within the Information Technology Services Custom Applications and Consulting Services (CACS) Group. CACS delivers professional end-to-end website solutions, including content management systems (Drupal), customer relationship management (Salesforce), and custom web and mobile applications. This position is responsible for the development of small to medium-sized content management solutions for clients across the University and for on-going support of existing applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering with at least one year of experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least one year of web development experience with CSS and other front-end website languages, libraries, and frameworks such as SASS.
- One year of experience maintaining multiple websites, creating custom templates, and extending functions via PHP.
- Experience in a full-stack, LAMP environment and version control (git).
- Experience building responsive websites.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to present designs and ideas to others, to gain consensus and to fully develop ideas into functional sites.
- Ability to manage conflicting and multiple priorities to maintain daily technical operating environment, while implementing new ideas to improve business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers, team members and management both verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience with design.
- Experience with multiple languages/techniques such as: CSS, HTML, wireframes, content management systems.
- Drupal development
- API/data integration skills
- Bash scripting
- SASS pre-processing
- Higher education experience
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0624186. Complete an application, attach a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
For questions regarding the position or application process contact Chris Black at [email protected]
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician's Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to present designs and ideas to others, to gain consensus and to fully develop ideas into something actionable.
Ability to manage conflicting and multiple priorities to maintain daily technical operating environment, while implementing new ideas to improve business processes.
Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with customers, team members and management with verbal and written techniques.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85667