Disabilty Resources & Services IT Project Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Disability Resources & Services, Anschutz Medical Campus
IT Project Coordinator
Position #756664 - Requisition 15256
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Office of Disability Resources & Services at the Anschutz Medical Campus has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) IT Project Coordinator position.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
This position assists with the initiation, planning, monitoring, and office implementations of a database system within the CU System Portal. This position will work closely with University Information Systems (UIS) and the Office of Information Technology (OIT) to assist with the merging of student data. This position will collaborate with staff on the use of the database system. This role will assist with the creation and maintenance of project documentation. This position will report to the Director and help ensure that all deadlines are met on time. This position will also work within the following areas:
- Coordinating with internal resources and external third parties throughout the duration of projects
- Assist with the development of project scopes and objectives
- Sponsor system access rights and works with the Director to facilitate user permissions based on established security controls
- Integrate data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Assist with the development and implementation of departmental databases, data collection systems, and data analytics
- Conducts research to help determine student needs and satisfaction
- Attends professional conferences, workshops, seminars, training sessions, and/or professional organizational meetings
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $49,840 to $53,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- 1 year of experience in data management
- 1 year of experience in customer relations management
- Professional experience working with disability-related accommodation operations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Access
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect and organize information with attention to detail
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Special Instructions to Applicants:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Lisa McGill, [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by December 5, 2018. Those who do not apply by December 5, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30171 - AVCASA-SS Disability Resources
Posting Date: Nov 30, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lisa McGill
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756664