Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (105875)
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Position: Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
Twelve month, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
Primary Position Function: Assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach in developing and implementing individualized conditioning programs for student-athletes in the Olympic sport programs (both male and female).
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
- Develop and implement individualized strength & conditioning programs for student-athletes in assigned sport programs
- Independently manage, supervise and control the day-to-day operation of the weight room used by the sport programs assigned.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment, including weight machines and other strength and conditioning equipment, including regular inspection, recommendation on repair/replacement as necessary
- Work compatibly and cooperatively with other strength & conditioning staff, team coaches, student-athletes and personnel in all other sports.
- Includes working evenings and weekends performing duties during scheduled team and student athlete practice or conditioning sessions, and competitions, as assigned based on sport program.
- Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Required: Bachelor's degree in sport management, kinesiology, recreation or related field
Preferred: Master's in same areas.
Required: Minimum one year of strength and conditioning experience at the collegiate and/or professional level, either as a student-athlete or employee.
Preferred: Experience in working with Olympic sports which may include Softball, Women's Swimming & diving and Men's and Women's Gymnastics either as a student-athlete or professional experience within these sports preferred. Demonstrated personal relations skills in dealing with student-athletes, peers, staff and administrative personnel. Sports assignments can be adjusted at the discretion of the Head Strength & Conditioning Coordinator.
Required: NSCA or CSCCa certification as well as certification in CPR/AED & First Aid.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit materials prior to December 14, 2018. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Jim Zielinski, [email protected].
Interviews may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: 5-Education and Student Services
Title: Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (105875)
Open Date: 11/30/2018
Close Date: 12/14/2018
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics