Temporary/Per Diem - Nurse Practitioner (NP)/Physician Assistant (PA)
Requisition # 2018-9089
Department Health Services
Category Health Services
Full-Time / Part-Time Temporary
Application Deadline 12/31/2018
University Health Services (UHS) at Princeton University is a fully accredited (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, or “AAAHC”) health care facility. Located in the McCosh Health Center, the Caldwell Field House and Dillon Gym, UHS provides comprehensive health services to more than 7,500 Princeton undergraduate and graduate students, and specialized services to Princeton University faculty, staff, and employees who experience work-related injuries and illnesses, or who require consultations regarding international and travel medicine.
UHS's mission is to enhance learning and student success by advancing the health and well-being of our diverse University community. This mission is pursued and supports the University's purpose by using current knowledge of health and human development to guide responsive, high quality clinical, prevention, and consultation services.
UHS's values are Respect & Compassionate Care; Integrity & Service Excellence; Collaboration & Innovative Solutions; & Engagement & Lifelong Learning.
As a member of the UHS staff, your job may be deemed “essential” as defined by University and UHS policy. Please ask you supervisor for additional information.
UHS hires individuals of all backgrounds. We build on our staff's diversity--recognizing, valuing, and appreciating the different perspectives, talents and energy of all. UHS invites all its employees to make a valuable contribution in this regard. We firmly believe that being an inclusive and culturally responsive community is one of the foundations of a vibrant, relevant organization. We aspire to develop the mindsets, knowledge and abilities to build equitable and inclusive systems, teams and culture.
Reporting to the Director of Employee Health
The Nurse Practitioner (NP)/Physician Assistant (PA) provides clinical and professional support in Employee Health. This role is responsible for occupational health care, workers' compensation, and management of temporary disability for all employees at Princeton University; as well as providing health education and promotion activities for employees. The NP/PA may also provide nursing support to other departments within University Health Services. In addition, the Nurse Practitioner performs administrative and other professional tasks to support the delivery of high quality healthcare consistent with UHS policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Provides direct clinical care of employees with work-related injuries and illnesses, with consultation or referral for follow-up care or rehabilitation services where appropriate.
- Communicates philosophy of early return to work and light duty programs in close collaboration with outside physicians and consultants.
- Conducts periodic evaluations and exit examinations for employees with exposure to specific health hazards; e.g., asbestos, noise, live viruses, toxic substances and chemicals, and others as specified by government standards.
- Performs case management and return to work examinations following temporary disabilities for illnesses or injury.
- Provides preventative, travel and injury-related immunizations.
- Performs respirator examinations for specified employees.
- Provides evaluation for medical clearance to enter animal facilities or work with live viruses in research laboratories.
- Provides consultation and assistance to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Provides emergency triage and occasional episodic illness/injury care for employees or referral for same.
- Maintains professional standards in the management of confidential information and will treat interactions with patients as privileged communications.
- Other duties as assigned
Perdiem status- preferably 2.5 days per week M-F 8:00am- 4:00pm
Professional board certification/state license as NP/PA required.
Experience in Occupational Health preferred.
CPR certification required.
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.