Cross Functional IT Support Supervisor
Cross Functional IT Support Supervisor
Cross Funct IT Supp Supervisor
Administrative IT Services - 150100
Is this an internal posting only?
Mon - Fri, 8am - 3pm and 6pm - 8pm
Administrative Information Technology Services (AITS), a department of the UNT Finance and Administration Division, delivers information technology services, infrastructure and consulting to all the administrative departments in support of the university mission. AITS achieves this within a framework of collaboration, communication, integrity and accountability. AITS serves students, faculty and staff within the context of IT support provided to the administrative areas; provides support for environments ranging in complexity from email kiosks to desktops to HIPAA and PCI related services; builds and manages server support services both on the departmental and UNT Denton wide scale; manages the desktop and mobile user environments for the administrative departments; provides web development support for Auxiliary and Business Services; provides support services for the Intensive English Language Institute academic lab; provides mobile phone support for all the users in the administrative departments; builds and/or manages video surveillance systems; builds and/or manages HVAC/Access control systems; supports UNT Athletics and the Stadium; is the liaison between the departments and ITSS; and provides consulting, planning, design and implementations services for any technology effort initiated by our departments.
The Administrative IT Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Cross Functional IT Support Supervisor to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Will work as a member of the Administrative Information Technology Services (AITS) Management Team providing 2nd level services for a sub-group of AITS which supports multiple administrative departments, buildings and VP areas.
* Manages, plans and assists with upgrades, installations, and maintenance of servers, desktops and software deployments, implements and manages complete resource/server systems for divisions and/or departments, utilizes the ITSM tracking system for all work documentation, supervises full time staff and student workers, supports departments with Mac's and other non-windows workstations as well, and serves as a backup to the Tier-2 Services Manager for Administrative Support.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Considerable knowledge of principles of computing and/or communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environments.
* Ability to supervise and train subordinates.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain, and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience building SCCM packages, collections and deploying software.
* Experience with Munki scripting for management of MacOS and software deployment.
* Experience with Powershell queries.
* Experience with Dell Management Tools.
* Experience managing SQL Server and DB maintenance.
* Experience with Zabbix reporting and maintenance.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting