Clinic Manager - Women's Health
8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $92,850
UCR Health is a team of physicians, specialists and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the health of Inland Southern California residents and families by bringing health home to our communities. Established alongside the School of Medicine at the University of California, Riverside, UCR Health is growing to meet the healthcare needs of the region - bringing innovative, culturally sensitive medical care to our communities. Our patient-centered primary care and specialty services deliver university-based healthcare excellence and innovation to the communities where we live, work and play. To learn more about UCR Health, please visit: www.ucrhealth.org This position has a dual reporting relationship whereby the incumbent will primarily report to the UCR Health Chief Operating Officer (COO) and report and work operationally with the chair for the department of obstetrics and gynecology. The Clinic Manager is responsible for the overall operations in developing and maintaining a well-functioning and compliant physician office clinic. This will include, but not limited to: staffing, training, financial/budgetary, billing, ensuring the correct coding when designating patient diagnosis or visit information, policy making, patient satisfaction, and provider/employee engagement. Will supervise staff and oversee the functions provided by the front office coordinators, surgery schedulers, medical assistants, and clinic leads. Works collaboratively with management, administrators, and physicians. Please note: This position currently reports to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) / interim Chief Operations Officer (COO) and will report to the UCR Health Chief Operating Officer once the position is filled.
Basic knowledge of human resources management policies, with the ability to train, monitor, evaluate, and document human resources issues and performance, and to provide input to decision-making on human resources matters.
Skills in written and verbal communications, with the ability to convey complex administrative, clinical, and technical information in a clear and concise manner, and to produce a variety of reports and analyses.
Skills to supervise support staff in clinic/center administration, and to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Knowledge of business software and specialized applications and data management systems used in clinic/center operations.
Knowledge of practice operations, patient-scheduling systems, medical and insurance terminology, applicable information systems, patient service standards, and regulatory requirements.
Detail oriented, with the ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze problems, determine appropriate level of intervention, and apply effective solutions.
Solid interpersonal skills for effective information exchange and problem solving with all levels of management and staff, consultants, and outside agencies.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview