Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm; some nights and weekends
The College of Visual Arts and Design (CVAD) at the University of North Texas (UNT) assumes a critical role in building our region into a world-renowned center for culture and education. CVAD fosters creative futures for its diverse student population and the area through rigorous arts-based education, arts- and client-based studio practice, scholarship and research.
The College of Visual Arts & Design at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Academic Advisor to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Educating students on how to plan their academic pathways in keeping with general education and degree plan requirements; degree audits; graduation application processing.
* Assisting with prospective students, orientations, and graduation events.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess Bachelor's Degree and two years of experience in student affairs, student services, counseling, or professional academic advising. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong presentation skills.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to use a variety of complex computer applications.
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work independently and lead project teams effectively.
* Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting