Front End Web Designer
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 11-30-2018
The ideal candidate will also develop an understanding of branding standards and style guidelines to translate client concepts for a website or service, starting with sketches and wireframes through technical implementation.
This position will work closely with other graphic designers, application developers, content strategists, accessibility coordinators, and non-technical clients to meet the web standards put forth by the WEB office. This position should also have an understanding of the University Style Guide and the American Disability Act (ADA) guidelines.
1. Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Web Design, Frontend Development, Multimedia/Interactive Design, Graphic Design, Graphic Communications, Information Technology, or closely related field.
2. Five (5) years of experience using HTML5 and CSS3.
5. Strong sense of visual communication, visual identity, and branding standards.
6. Excellent communication skills that establish strong working relationships with clients, designers, developers, and content strategists.
7. Foundation qualification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITILv3) or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Familiarity with Content Management Systems, such as OU Campus and WordPress
2. Awareness of current trends in the web, both among private industries and higher education
3. Experience using a style guide in order to create visual content and code continuity
4. Experience with Git, Gulp, Sass, and PostCSS
5. Experience with React, Angular
6. Graphic design background and familiarity with basic color theory and typography
7. Ability to present a portfolio of work
8. Provide a link to a Git repository project
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.