Hyde Park Campus
20133 Psychiatry & Behav. Neurosci
About the Unit
The Department has is organized along “Mission Lines” These mission lines are focusing in a variety of areas and strategic initiatives of the hospital including, but not limited to, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Supportive Psycho-oncology, Consultation Psychiatry, Palliative Care, Eating Disorders, Geriatrics, Woman's Health and general psychotherapy for adults, adolescents and children.
The Clinical Addictions Research Laboratory (CARL), under the supervision of its Director, Andrea C. King, Ph.D., is conducting an ongoing, nationally-funded longitudinal study examining response to alcohol as a predictor of future hazardous drinking (The Chicago Social Drinking Project).
Subject Recruitment and Interviewing. Perform telephone interviews for study candidates. Place and manage study advertisements. Schedule and send reminder notifications to study candidates. Obtain informed consent. Perform in-person interviews for screening sessions.
- Subject Testing.Conduct alcohol challenge sessions with study participants, administering beverages consisting of a wide range of alcoholic content. Obtain subject's questionnaires, take objective measures (carbon monoxide, breathalyzer, blood pressure), and conduct performance tasks (eye tracking, pegboard, symbol matching). Maintain standardization of all study testing procedures and methods.
- Subject Reimbursement Finances: Maintain record and manage petty cash. Submit petty cash receipts for reimbursement. Request, document and distribute subject compensation. Monitor and document study funds.
- Database Tasks: Maintain ongoing records of subject characteristics and demographics. Organize, file and download (to database) the recruitment file.
- Perform other work duties as assigned
- Interactive Communication
- Project Management
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Post secondary work experience in a field related to the research being conducted
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Access and SPSS and data presentation and graphing skills preferred.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/