Clinical Research Coordinator 2
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The Clinical Research Coordinator 2 (CRC) is a specialized researcher partnering with the clinical Principal Investigator (PI) and under the direction of a departmental or lab research manager. While the Principal Investigator is primarily responsible for the overall design, conduct, and management of the clinical trial, the CRC2 supports, facilitates and coordinates independently the daily clinical trial activities and plays a critical role in the conduct of the study. By performing these duties with limited supervision and/or guidance, the CRC works with the PI, department, sponsor, and institution to support and provide guidance on the administration of the compliance, financial, personnel and other related aspects of the clinical study.
Research Conduct/Study management:
- Manages all aspects of conducting clinical trials including: screening, enrollment, subject follow-up, completion of the case report form, and adverse event reports.
- Recruit and interview potential study patients with guidance from PI and other clinical research staff.
- Collect, process, ship and store specimens to appropriate laboratory according to established aseptic techniques.
- Identify and explain the responsibilities of Principal Investigators, research team members, sponsors, contract research organizations (CROs), and regulatory authorities related to the conduct of a clinical trial.
- Coordinate the conduct of the study from startup through closeout including recruitment and screening of study subjects, obtaining informed consent, collecting research data, and ensuring protocol adherence.
- Plans and coordinates patient schedule for study procedures, return visits, and study treatment schedules.
- Educates patients about study procedures to be performed, visit schedule, what to report between and during visits, and the risks and benefits of the procedures.
- Performs assessments at visits and monitors for adverse events.
- Organizes and attends site visits from sponsors and other relevant study meetings.
- Protect patients and data confidentiality by ensuring security of research data and personal health information and compliance with federal regulations and sponsor protocols.
- Ensures Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are implemented and documented in accordance to study sponsor, primary investigator, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Maintains accurate and complete records which may include, but are not limited to, signed informed consent, relevant IRB approvals, source documentation, Case Report Forms (CRF's), drug dispensing logs, and study related communication.
- Understand the IRB submission and review process and when and how to apply for IRB review, including facilitation of study initiation through meticulous and timely preparation of IRB submissions independently.
- Ensures compliance with federal regulations and institutional policies.
- May prepare and maintain protocol submissions and revisions.
- May assist in the training of new or backup coordinators
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy required.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and discretion required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Strong data management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to participate in protocol review and clinical trials evaluations required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology / environment required.
- Ability to handle competing demands with diplomacy and enthusiasm required.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize work assignments required.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Familiarity with Good Clinical Practices (GCP) required.
- Ability to read and understand clinical trials protocols required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical research experience or relevant experience required.
- Experience coordinating multiple studies (e.g., investigator initiated, industry sponsored, multi-site trials) required.
- Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/