Postdoctoral Research Position
Open August 1st, 2018 through September 1st, 2018
The Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science at the University of California, Irvine invites applicants for a Postdoctoral Scholar to join an interdisciplinary team of investigators that will be investigating controlled-release of drugs from contact lens bandages. The ideal applicant will have experience in hydrogel synthesis, drug formulation, materials characterization, and microfabrication. Good organization, communication, and ability to work in a team setting are essential. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or a related field.
The initial appointment will be for a one-year period, with the possibility of an extension depending on performance and availability of funding. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for at least 3 references to our online RECRUIT system at:
Dr. Szu Wang
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
University of California, Irvine
916 Engineering Tower
Irvine, CA 92697-2575
Email: [email protected]
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now