2020 Breast Imaging Fellowship
Open October 1st, 2018 through December 31st, 2018
We are currently accepting applications for fellowship positions in the Department of Radiological Sciences at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center, for the academic year 2020-2021.
Fellowships are at the Health Sciences Clinical Instructor level, based at UC Irvine Medical Center, and will have the benefits and privileges of this position through the University of California, Irvine.
Our mission, within the Department, and in a broader context as a University of California School of Medicine campus, is to provide an excellent educational experience so as to produce highly trained fellows who will go on to become leaders in their subfields. We believe that we provide an optimal combination of study volume, procedure volume, experience with sequencing/protocoling, academic time, and optional research time, to produce very knowledgeable, balanced radiologists, with cutting edge knowledge of their subspecialties.
A one-year fellowship is offered which is under the direction of Dr. Stephen A. Feig (one position). Training will include both screening and diagnostic interpretation as well as breast interventional procedures. Our state-of-the-art equipment consists of digital tomosynthesis (including CAD), dedicated breast MRI (including MRI CAD and MRI-guided biopsy), stereotactic biopsy, and high resolution breast ultrasound.
Successful applicants will be Health Sciences Clinical Instructors at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. The fellows will participate in the teaching of UC Irvine residents and medical students, actively participate in interdisciplinary conferences, and take an active part in the on-going research projects and publications of the section.
Application Procedure - To apply, please log onto UC Irvine's recruitment site located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04600
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Orange, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://www.radiology.uci.edu/fellowship-applicants.asp
- Department Application - Department application can be found on our website. Please upload as part of your online application
- Recent Photo
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Personal Statement
- Statement of Teaching - Statement addressing your previous teaching experiences and/or contributions in teaching.
- USMLE/COMLEX Transcripts - Copies of your unofficial USMLE/COMLEX transcripts
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- 3 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now