Part Time Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I
Part Time Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I
Position Number: 10065939
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Cumming
Job Close Date: 12/13/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I. The Part Time Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I will provide general maintenance support to the campus, to include masonry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting and carpentry for the UNG Cumming Campus.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Part Time Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech will:
- Provide service for mechanical and electrical devices; performs basic preventive maintenance; provide support for projects involving HVAC, plumbing, painting, masonry, carpentry, cabinetry, drywall installation and repair, refrigeration, electrical repair, and installation of suspended ceilings.
- Assist specialized skilled craft employees in complex projects to include setup and events
- Maintain tools and equipment needed to perform work.
- Maintain and schedules controls for energy management system.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have general knowledge of various craft areas.
- Ability to perform physical labor to include but not limited to lifting, pushing/pulling objects up to 50 pounds, climbing and working from ladders and performing manual labor tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time to include, but not limited to, lifting, pushing, pulling objects up to 50 pounds; ability to climb and work from ladders up to 32 feet tall; ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies, and to perform minor repairs as needed. Must be able to understand and follow specific oral and written instruction. Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time, often in adverse weather conditions. Ability to operate equipment; Able to operate small hand tools; Balancing; Bending Over; Carrying; Climb up and down ladder; Climb up onto and down from equipment. Crawling; Crouching; Eye/hand coordination; Grasping; Hazards such as electrical, chemical, biological; Hearing; Inside/outside environmental factors; Kneeling; Constant, heavy, constant lifting; Moving; Pulling; Pushing; Reaching; Reaching Overhead; Repetitive use of hands/arms; Repetitive use of legs; Sitting; Standing; Stooping; Talking; Twisting; Walking (include distance); ability to work heights up to 60 feet using man lifts and ladders; operate vehicles; trucks; golf carts. Ability to operate power tools.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Five years of related experience.
- Valid Georgia Driver's License
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check and a DMV check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Identify Verification: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.