Housing Services Coordinator
Requisition Number STA - 201000000684
Job Title Housing Services Coordinator
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Housing Services Coordinator.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The Housing Services Coordinator has overall administrative responsibility for the Office of Residence Life, Housing & Conference Services. The incumbent will serve in a rotational, on-call role with other Housing and Residence Life professional staff members.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the primary system administrator for university housing management system-StarRez.
- Manages the annual room selection process for the selection of housing assignments.
- Enforces housing policies on occupancy, eligibility for housing, and refunds.
- Responsible for billing of room charges and meal plans.
- Manage department budgets.
- Facilitates room reassignments, and opening and closing procedures, early arrivals and late departures, housing for students with special needs, and Summer Conference Housing.
- Maintains all housing administrative records related to housing assignments.
- Interfaces with Facilities, Dining Services, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, and Registrar.
- Serves on University and Student Affairs committees as appointed.
- Works with Information Technology staff to monitor all aspects of Housing and Residence Life systems.
- Regularly update department webpage.
- On-call and after-hours responsibilities. Serve in an on-call capacity to address after-hours inquiries from Housing Residence Life staff members; participate in an on-call duty rotation with alternating weekend responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of two years in Housing or Residence Life.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) university operating procedures, organization and management policies.
- Working knowledge of sound business principles, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of competence using e-mail and search engines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- A graduate degree in student personnel or a related field.
- Experience Using StarRez housing management system.
- Experience using CBORD's Odyssey.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess a bachelor's degree or higher?
- No Response
- * Do you have a minimum of two years in Housing or Residence Life?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)