Part-Time Sales Associates (OPS) - Sarasota, FL
Job ID: 44234
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. For more information about the Ringling, please see the "Other Information" section.
Provide excellent, enthusiastic customer service to visitors, to include:
- Greeting and thanking guests as they enter and leave the stores.
- Learning store product.
- Proactively assisting visitors with product selection.
- Making suggestions to meet guests' needs while increasing sales opportunities.
- Making thoughtful suggestions for additional products for purchase.
- Answering general visitor inquiries.
- Processing sales at register.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Processing shipping orders.
- Processing returns.
- Helping to maintain store appearance such as dusting, straightening, restocking, and any other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/equivalent.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Experience with basic computer use with the ability to learn point of sales software system.
- Ability to proactively provide excellent customer service and engage customers in a friendly and timely manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate product information.
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, climb a small step ladder, traverse a short distance between stores, stock products on high and low shelves, and the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Ideal candidate will have customer service, merchandising, or retail experience.
Availability on Thursday evenings and Sundays is preferred.
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling's campus in Sarasota, Florida--which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens--is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or [email protected]
Anticipated Salary Range
$9.75 per hour.
Sales Associates also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum stores
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
This is an OPS/Part-time Job.
Primary working hours are between 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM. Approximately 24 hours per week including 1 weekend day. Weekends, evenings, and holidays may be required per the needs of the Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Affordable Care Act
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees that meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information, please visit the following website regarding the Affordable Care Act, http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/insurance/insurance_home&ops=1.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf