Institutional Advancement Office Manager
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Performs a variety of high level administrative support for the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement. Including scheduling and maintaining calendar, making travel arrangements, scheduling and coordinating meetings, and processing time sheets, reconciling credit card expense reports and attendance reports. Serves as clerical support for the IA Trustee sub-committee, including maintaining meeting minutes, organizing meetings, responding to inquiries. On behalf of the Executive Director, drafts memos and letters, formats correspondence and reports, maintains records and files, answers/screens calls, and responds to inquiries using personal initiative and employing high regard for confidentiality and discretion.
- Serves as office manager; plays a central role in maintaining calendars and shared documents, coordinating and support software and other training, ensuring that basic equipment, supply, purchasing, and logistical needs are met, arranging for and recording meetings, time tracking, and other duties as assigned. Manages the day-to-day flow of office services, including requisitions, check requests, purchase orders, expense reports, and purchasing card reconciliations.
- Answers phone and screens visitors; provides detailed information regarding services and explains procedures; may provide advice; refers call to appropriate person if more information is needed; takes messages; responds to the more difficult inquiries and requests; serves as informational resource to staff.
- Recruits, hires, trains, schedules, and supervises work study students and other student workers.
- Coordinates and supports special events, projects, and initiatives, often working with appropriate department directors, a variety of campus offices,alumni groups and other senior administrators on campus.
- Required Degree(s): An Associate's degree and/or five years of experience in higher education is preferred
- Preferred Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree
- Required Field of Expertise: College-level office technology/organizational education and/or experience, and strong communications background preferred.
- 3+ years in a professional office setting, preferably in higher education.
- Proven organizational, editorial, interpersonal, and time management skills. Must be an effective writer and verbal communicator.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with PC (including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint), and Raiser's Edge or other relational database.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and to respond to last-minute changes in calendar/schedule and make appropriate adjustments to work flow.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy of work, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefits eligible position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional night and/or weekend event work required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.