Assistant Athletic Trainer
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Provide direct athletic health care services to designated varsity student athletes (and club sport athletes when appropriate). Including assessment of athletic-related conditions; establishing plan of care; providing rehabilitation; assist with preventive treatment for future encounters; making referrals to Dexter Health Services, team physicians, and Dexter Counseling Services through the Head Athletic Trainer
- Assist students with health care needs and concerns by providing resources, guidance, and referral to appropriate health care providers
- Supervise and conduct the direct coverage of athletic training services during athletic practices and contests to assigned team, including traveling when designated.
- Assist in implementing policies and procedures for the effective operation of the athletic training facilities and services
- Assist in conducting the athletic health screenings for all student athletes
- Assist in conducting athletic injury prevention strategies by developing and/or collaborating on the physical and mental training and conditioning program offered by the Athletic Department
- Maintain the appropriate level of confidentiality regarding student-athletes' medical, insurance, and academic records
- Communicate effectively with coaches, athletes, students, staff, faculty, parents, and others as necessary regarding the participation status of student athletes.
- Perform required record keeping for designated students, including, injury, treatment, and progress notes.
- Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training facilities and equipment.
- Keep up-to-date on current developments in athletic training methods and technology.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree
- Required Field of Expertise: athletic training
- Required Training/Cert: Credential by BOC, Inc.; credential in emergency cardiac care
- Required Licensure(s): Athletic Trainer licensure (or eligible) by Commonwealth of MA Board of Registration in Allied Health
- Knowledge of Athletic Training and skills beyond minimal level of qualification
- Able to manage medical situations and instruct others to assist in calm manner
- Understand and utilize basic computer functions such as word processing, spreadsheets, internet search, and web-based patient medical records management
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including nights and weekends, as well as some overnight travel
- Physical ability to bend, twist, reach, run, and lift at least 40 lbs.
This is a full time, exempt level, benefits eligible position. Position requires a non-traditional schedule to meet the needs of students and teams, including evening and weekend events; as well as some overnight travel throughout the academic year.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.