- Serve as the point person for faculty, staff, and students on all communications needs, responding in a timely, appropriate, and comprehensive manner to all communications requests.
- Create and disseminate a wide range of communications materials, including electronic newsletters, annual reports, website content updates, event announcements, and social media.
- Responsible for content creation, writing, and editing assistance on various projects.
- Manage social media channels, including content planning designed to increase the Korbel School's visibility among current and prospective students, faculty, staff, donors, and alumni.
- Create and manage master calendar of communications projects and deadlines.
- Maintain internal database of all communications procedures and materials, including content and photos that can be cross-purposed across channels and collateral.
- Liaise with other University units and central administration to advance specific program goals and the general interests of the Korbel School.
- Work collaboratively with communications consultants hired by the Korbel School.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude and proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and opinions.
- Comfortable researching and writing about complex issues in international relations and tailoring communications for the appropriate communications platform.
- Ability to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to compose informative, accurate, and engaging articles.
- Ability to work with limited direction and appropriately balance competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to produce clean copy for public consumption and edit content for a variety of stakeholder communications.
- Graphic and web design skills.
- Skilled in use and display of data in communications.
Required Qualifications* Bachelor's degree.
* 2-4 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in communications and/or marketing.
* Project management experience.
* Copy editing experience.
* Experience managing social media and email databases.
* Experience with webpage management.
Preferred Qualifications* Master's degree or graduate level coursework in international studies, communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing.
* Five years of experience working in higher education, non-profit, or similar sector and understanding specific communications needs within the market.
* Interest in and knowledge of international affairs/international studies.
* Skilled in use and display of data in communications.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) December 13, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.